The CPAC Foundation’s Nolan Center for Justice (CPACF-NCJ) is seeking highly qualified individuals for the Summer ’22 legal clerkship. This is a paid position in our Alexandria, Virginia office. Applicants are expected to work 40 hours a week. Additional hours may be required, and will be compensated, due to the amount of preparation that goes into executing our CPAC Texas conference, which will take place in Dallas from August 4th – 7th. The ACUF-NCJ Clerkship provides a unique perspective of politics and policy, allowing interaction with members of Congress and thought leaders in the conservative movement.
You will gain hands-on-experience as part of a supportive and collaborative team, working with policy experts and criminal justice reform practitioners. Interns will work at the direction of the CPAC Foundation General Counsel and be overseen by the CPAC Foundation Assistant General Counsel.
The CPAC Foundation-NCJ seeks to educate and inform about the need to reform America’s criminal justice system. We pursue policies that are intended to improve public safety, maintain fiscal and budgetary accountability, promote human dignity, and reduce the size and scope of government. This position requires a high degree of discretion. Please visit the CPAC Foundation’s Nolan Center for Justice website for more information about our mission and goals.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist legal research writing related to criminal justice reform.
- Assist with generating content for the CPAC Foundation Nolan Center for Justice website and social media accounts.
- Assist with the preparation of briefing documents, legal memoranda, and letters.
- Opportunities to participate in strategy meetings, grassroots and coalition activities, and discussions with policy makers.
- Interest in criminal justice reform, politics, and the conservative movement.
- Excellent research, writing and interpersonal skills.
- Strong editorial skills and op-ed knowledge.
- Detail oriented, self-starter, with good judgement.
- Completed first year of Law School.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Kaylee Spielman at [email protected].