FLSA Status: Exempt
The Executive Assistant is responsible for managing senior executive scheduling for CPAC. This position provides primary support to the CPAC Chairman and may at times include other senior staff. This position is based in Alexandria, VA.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Manage the Chairman’s and senior executives schedules, planning and scheduling meetings and appointments and coordinate travel arrangements as needed.
· Preparing and editing correspondence, reports, and presentations.
· Managing logistical aspects of the organization’s events and meetings.
· Uses various software applications such as spreadsheets, relational databases, statistical packages, and graphics packages to assemble, manipulate and/or format data and/or reports
· Coordinates and implements general office services such as appointment-setting, records control, and other administrative activities.
· Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
· Keen attention to detail and the ability to maintain confidentiality are critical.
· Ability to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously in an environment where interruptions are common.
· Strong written and verbal communications skills.
· Professional manner.
· Possesses the professional courage and confidence to express his/her opinions and judgment with regard to organizational initiatives, even when they might diverge from the points of view of colleagues.
· Familiarity with general administrative practices and procedures.
· Ability to work successfully individually or in a team environment, as well as to exercise sound professional judgment.
· Passionate about the principles of limited government, personal responsibility, and free enterprise.
Education & Training
· Bachelor’s Degree and at least 5 years of relevant work experience.
· Work performed in an office environment.
· Daily work performed Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
· Additional hours may be required as needed.
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in PDF format
· Cover letter, including an overview of qualifications and commitment to the principles of limited government, personal responsibility, and free enterprise
· One recent writing sample
· Three professional references