FLSA Status: Exempt
The Events Associate assists in the planning and execution of events of the American Conservative Union Foundation, including the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC), regional conferences, Congressional ratings events, development and other special events.
The Events Associate reports to the Director of CPAC and Events and is based in Alexandria, VA.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Understand the requirements and goals for each event.
- Coordinate with other ACU/ACUF staff to execute CPAC and other events.
- Assist in working with deadlines for each event.
- Track action items to ensure deadlines are met.
- Assist with production timelines.
- Update event website regularly.
- Assist with creating post-event evaluations after each event.
- Coordinate with the Director of CPAC and Events on sponsorship sales for both CPAC and Regional Events.
- Coordinate with events team on sponsorship fulfillment.
- Interact with sponsors during events to ensure their needs are being met.
- Coordinate follow-up meetings post-event with sponsoring organizations.
Event Planning and Logistics
- Assist in creating and sending out invitations to speakers, sponsors and attendees.
- Assist with the registration database and process.
- Assist with coordination of speaking times and related logistics, including advance walkthroughs, meet-and-greets, book signings, etc.
- Assist with the CPAC mobile app development, to ensure all communication, sponsorship fulfillment, and other needs are met.
- Assist in creating briefing and other relevant materials for speakers and attendees prior to event.
Other Duties as Assigned
Qualifications & Requirements
- Strong collaborative skills.
- Event planning experience desired, but not required.
- Experience with project coordination.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proven track record of setting priorities and meeting tight deadlines.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail while remaining flexible to changing requirements.
- Moderate travel required.
Education & Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree and relevant work experience preferred.
- Work performed in an office environment and at event locations.
- Daily work performed Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Additional hours may be required as needed.
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in PDF format to [email protected]:
- Cover letter
- Three professional references
No phone calls please