FLSA Status: Exempt
The Events Coordinator assists in the planning and execution of events of the American Conservative Union Foundation, including the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC), regional conferences, Congressional ratings events, development and other special events.
The Events Coordinator reports to the Director of CPAC and Events and is based in Alexandria, VA.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Understand the requirements and goals for each event.
- Coordinate with other ACU/ACUF staff to execute CPAC and other events.
- Assist in managing event vendors, ensuring deadlines are met and tasks are completed.
- Track action items to ensure deadlines are met.
- Work with the Director of CPAC and Events to develop and monitor budgets.
- Assist with production timelines.
- Assist in creating staffing plans for events.
- Update event website regularly.
- Create post-event evaluations after each event.
- Coordinate with the Director of CPAC and Events on sponsorship sales for both CPAC and Regional Events.
- Coordinate with events team on sponsorship fulfillment.
- Interact with sponsors during events to ensure their needs are being met.
- Coordinate follow-up meetings post-event with sponsoring organizations.
Event Planning and Logistics
- Research potential event sites, working with the Director of CPAC and Events to determine the location that best fits the needs of the event and stays within budget.
- Assist in creating and sending out invitations to speakers, sponsors and attendees.
- Assist with the registration database and process.
- Assist with dinner seating assignments and onsite trouble-shooting.
- Help coordinate speaking times and related logistics, including advance walkthroughs, meet-and-greets, book signings, etc.
- Evaluate options with related to décor, audio-visual, transportation, signage, entertainment, event management support, photography, and other vendors for events.
- Collaborate with events and communications team on CPAC mobile app development, to ensure all communication, sponsorship fulfillment, and other needs are met.
- Assist in creating briefing and other relevant materials for speakers and attendees prior to event.
Other Duties as Assigned
Qualifications & Requirements
- Strong collaborative skills.
- Event planning experience preferred, demonstrating increasing responsibility over time.
- Experience with project coordination.
- Ability to handle multiple high-level projects at once.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proven track record of setting priorities and meeting tight deadlines.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail while remaining flexible to changing requirements.
- Moderate travel required.
Education & Certifications
- At least 2 years’ relevant work experience preferred.
- Work performed in an office environment and at event locations.
- Daily work performed Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Additional hours may be required as needed.
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in PDF format to [email protected]:
- Cover letter
- Three professional references
No phone calls please