FLSA Status: Exempt
The Content Creator is responsible for developing and distributing content on the organization’s website and all digital media. The incumbent will be responsible for content that is designed to educate, motivate and activate followers to advance conservative principles while also providing engaging content. The incumbent will carry out the specific day-to-day actions to grow and maintain the organization’s online presence.
The Content Creator reports to the Deputy Communications Director. This position is based in Alexandria, VA, just 10 minutes south of the nation’s capital.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with Communications Team to carry out the goals of the social media & website strategy.
- Develop new, innovative content ideas and strategies.
- Broaden and maintain ACU’s online audiences.
- Create original graphics, images and video content for social media networks. This includes educational policy content, political analysis and memes.
- Manage distribution of content to social platforms.
- Create, execute and monitor email communications using MailChimp and/or other contact tools.
- Clip and distribute media hits of ACU principals.
- Monitor all forms of media for ACU/CPAC mentions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Keen attention to detail.
- Familiarity and understanding of social media strategies.
- Creativity and humor.
- Professional demeanor.
- Professional courage and confidence to express his/her opinions and judgment with regard to organizational initiatives, even when they might diverge from the points of view of colleagues.
- Proven results in building an online communications presence and audience.
- Passionate about the principles of limited government, personal responsibility, and free enterprise.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work successfully individually or in a team environment, as well as to exercise sound professional judgment.
- Ability to handle and complete a variety of tasks simultaneously in an environment where interruptions are common.
- Experience in Final Cut Pro, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign or equivalent programs.
- Work performed in an office environment.
- Daily work performed Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Additional hours may be required as needed.
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in PDF format to [email protected]:
- Cover letter
- Three professional references
No phone calls please